Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resin for power supply circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-Moura

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people,

I´m working at a circuit with MCP73831, this IC is a "Miniature Single-Cell, fully Integrated Li-Ion, Li-Polymer Charge Management Controllers". My electronic will be used in industrial application, in an area with flamable gaz. Therefore, in Brazil, there is a standard. In this case I need use resin in my circuit.
The MCP is sensitive to temperature, in the datasheet is informed that the circuit need a copper area to dissipe heat.

I can use resin for this circuit? There are any resin for power supply ?

tnx very much

In my research, I thought that resins can not be good thermal conductive and have a good insulation. But you showed to me that I was wrong.

Tnx again.

In my research, I thought that resins can not be good thermal conductive and have a good insulation. But you showed to me that I was wrong.

Tnx again.

Can be better than air, all depends what product formula is used, and for what purpose product is made.

Best regards,
Peter

cautionary tale
Once upon a time commodore made power supplies for their C64 computer.
They used potting compound in the (seperate) PSU's.
This caused a very healthy sales turnover of replacements about every 18months.
Potted components will run at much higher temperatures than they should for long periods.
They did make for good - if somewhat expensive - doorstops though.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back