Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

residue number system!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedance

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

do anyone have any idea about residue number system? or logarithmic residue number system?(LRNS). I got materials reg. the use of this number system for high speed division and also was applied for calculating DCT of a given signal more efficiently. the paper had remarks that the bandwidth of the system is greatly increased. what more are the advantages of this system? why going for this number system? is this having more advantages? will this be able to help in designing a low power sytem coz of the reason that the computations are greatly reduced for any operation compared to the current number systems available... could anyone help me in explaining this clearly and also if possible point out a nice link for getting more info.. thanks.

regards,
arunmit168.

I certainly do not have an indepth knowledge of this system, but a google search turns up a lot of info. This link looked particulary informative:

h**p://gransasso.dspvlsi.uniroma2.it/pubs/iscas01a/iscas01a.html

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.