Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reset problem in DSP TMS320F2812

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhn

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tms320f2812

Hi,
I'm using TMS320F2812 DSP and SDFlash utility for programming the flash. I'm using the Spectrum Digital's XDS510PP emulator. I've programmed the DSP such that after power on it immediately goes to power down mode (HALT mode in particular). Only NMI can wake up the device from this mode according to the datasheet. Unfortunately in the target board where I've programmed this code, the NMI pin is not connected anywhere. Now, I'm not able to reset this device using SDFlash and thus I'm unable to program any new code.
Even if I try to connect to the device using CCS, I'm getting an error like:
"Lost processor clock. The device might be in power down mode. Would you want it to bring it out of this mode?" When I click "Yes", it displays an error saying that it failed to bring the device out of power down mode.

I'm not able to use this DSP anymore. Please provide me any suggestions to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
vhn

Status
Not open for further replies.