Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require Pic Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayaaol

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need a Pic programmer circuit to program PIC18F2550 to build the pickit2 clone already tried JDM version but unsuccess please post cirucits Thanks in advance

Hi,

If you have a parallel port this low cost design works.

Later version with 40 pin pcb also attached

Attachments

• The Parallel Pic Programmer.pdf
    240.9 KB · Views: 103
  • The DIY Pic Programmer.pdf
    243.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Dear friend tried this too nut unsuccess anyway thanks to your help :)

- - - Updated - - -

Dear friend(wp100) tried this too but unsuccess is it works for you whats your system specification
Dear embpic and xpress is it working did you tried it and working for you??? whats your system specifications please reply am waiting for your answer thanks in advance

Hi,

That circuit is extremely well proven and used countless times.

I used it with Windows XP, as probably did most people when it was popular a few years ago.

When you say its not working in what way, hardware , software or both ?

Dear embpic and xpress is it working did you tried it and working for you??? whats your system specifications please reply am waiting for your answer thanks in advance

Yes it works for me, i had tested it long back with my college old PC, having 512MB RAM and P4 Processor, with Windows Xp OS.
It will work for sure with higher versions like Windows 7.
Try it, this is very simple to build.

yes this JDM programmer working well and i am doing it on windows 7.

My system configuration is dual core processor with 3 gb ram and having both win xp and 7 os but all this programmers are not working well i have also checked with VIA 2 D motherboard but unsuccess :( any way i will this circuits too and post results lets see
and when ever i connect the programer the software (winpic800 and ic prog and picpgm) says unknown device tell me do i need to configure serial port in bios and in os and if yes whats the parameters and details

My system configuration is dual core processor with 3 gb ram and having both win xp and 7 os but all this programmers are not working well i have also checked with VIA 2 D motherboard but unsuccess :( any way i will this circuits too and post results lets see
and when ever i connect the programer the software (winpic800 and ic prog and picpgm) says unknown device tell me do i need to configure serial port in bios and in os and if yes whats the parameters and details

Would be surprised if it was your hardware with a Parallel programmer; however have read reports in this forum of problems when using the serial ports due some differences in the serial port design. (?)

JDM programmer can be very strange, some folk get them working no problem, others never can.

What about your programmer hardware, typical causes of problems ; are using a breadboard ? how long is the lead from the pc to the programmer board ? is it a proper shielded cable if more than a few centimeters long ? is the psu suitable ?

Did you try WinPic with my parallel board ?

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Do not connect DB9 or DB25 body to PCB earth or GND

yes am using breadboard and all the connections are well checked. for cable i am using 2 mtrs of ribbon cable(a cable with 10 colors. i have cut 5 colors for this)and whats the PSU specs please tell me
PA3040 i have used both connecting and not connecting but no results

- - - Updated - - -

Would be surprised if it was your hardware with a Parallel programmer; however have read reports in this forum of problems when using the serial ports due some differences in the serial port design. (?)

JDM programmer can be very strange, some folk get them working no problem, others never can.

What about your programmer hardware, typical causes of problems ; are using a breadboard ? how long is the lead from the pc to the programmer board ? is it a proper shielded cable if more than a few centimeters long ? is the psu suitable ?

Did you try WinPic with my parallel board ?
yes but shows unknown device

Can we see picture of your circuit?

Which software you are using

winpic800 more simple

which cct you are using

Does Hardware test "OK"

Last edited:

yes am using breadboard and all the connections are well checked. for cable i am using 2 mtrs of ribbon cable(a cable with 10 colors. i have cut 5 colors for this)and whats the PSU specs please tell me
PA3040 i have used both connecting and not connecting but no results

Hi,

Not a chance !

1. do not use a breadboard for a programmer, it must be a tight soldered circuit, either strip board or pcb.

2. the pc to programmer cable should be a short as possible , if using a flat ribbon cable more than 150mm you risk corruption or loosing the signal all together.
If using a proper shielded parallel cable find one thats 1 meter long or less

3. What psu are you using , voltage and current ?

15v 500 ma psu for board[/QUOTE

Hi,

That sound fine, so you just need to comply with 1 and 2.

You could try a very short ribbon cable to the parallel port and your breadboard - it may work if your breadboard wires are short - but you may still get problems without a soldered board.

Also, do not be fooled by some of the programmer software saying it programmed ok, you must run Verify to ensure it has properly programmed. Better still, try Read-ing the programmed chip back into the buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back