Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

requesting for sample copy of pic + gsm module

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemystri

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can we ask sir/maam of a sample copy of program that interfaces GSM (BenQ M22) module into pic16f877 using assembly language

our compiler is MPlab

we got problem on how to activaqte the usart feature of the pic.

we dont kn0w what command to use to send AT commands on GSM module using pic.

we got many testing of our m22 module using terminal and its working fine.

the last problem here now is how to program it in assembly using pic16f877 for them to communicate.

hope for your reply. thnks in advance.

if that's working on hyperterminal, it should work with PIC, you can pm me if you can't make it work

the problem sir is that i dont know the commands to call in the program for the PIC to be able to send commands in the m22 gsm module

like how i can insert the command " AT + CMGS " in the assembly program for the PIC?

kemystri said:
the problem sir is that i dont know the commands to call in the program for the PIC to be able to send commands in the m22 gsm module

like how i can insert the command " AT + CMGS " in the assembly program for the PIC?

simply load ascii value to USART tx reg

blueroomelectronics said:
What language(s) do you know for the PIC?

we know assembly language.

@penoy_balut

what do u mean by USART Tx Reg? is that for hyperterminal? or the build in feature of the pic?

for example sir,. just an example for me to understand more about it.

movlw a'a'
movwf " what u call USART Tx reg (i dont know the correct term for this)"
movlw a't'
movwf "insert corect term for this"
movlw a'+'
movwf "insert correct term for this"
movlw a'c'
movwf "insert correct term for this'
movlw a'm'
..and so on.

my question is that..

is my commands are correct? using movlw and movwf?

is it ok that i send ascii code to the Tx of GSM module one by one?
because i use movlw and movwf for each character for the command "AT+CMGS"

and lastly, how i can send it entirely and not one by one? like sending "AT+CMGS" usng the TX reg of the pic to the RX pin of the GSM module.(is that correct? TX of pic to RX of gsm, and TX of gsm to RX of pic?)

can you give as sample sir

hope u can help us sir. advance thnx

before you can use the USART you have to do some initializations like mode settings, baud rate, enabling alternate functions for USART, enable bits for TX or RX, etc...

after putting a byte to TXREG you have to poll TSR before you can send another byte.

if you want that sent at once put them in an array then use FSR and INDF or create a ROM table whichever you prefer

polling of TSR means? sry im noob at that part. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back