Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req LM 723C as a Xtal Thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Man

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xtal themostat

Hi,

I once saw a circuit using only an LM723C (which is normaly used to stabilitze voltage) with an Xtal soldered to its metal body as a heater and temperature regulator for this Xtal.

I think it was in an italian electronics magazine (at least 5 to 10 years ago).

If anybody has this please post it here, maybe others are also interseted in this little circuit.

best regards

xtal thermostat

I have this schematic, somewhere, I try to search it and then send to you, but it will be probably next week

As I got nothing until now I am trying again ...

best regards

Thanks, this is a good start although if I remeber the original corretly it was much simpler than this (about 4 to 5 parts at all) ...

thanks anyway

hello,
I've no scanner at hand, so try to draw the following:

In a metalic 723, connect pins 7-8 to a 10 microF to ground, pin 9 to a 10 nF to ground, pins 1-3-5 to ground, pins 2-6 to a 10 Ohm/ 0.5 Watt R to ground , from pin 4 a voltage divider: 10kOhm R, 1kOhm pot, 470 Ohm R to ground. Pin 10 to the pot cursor.

Hope this helps

jorgito said:
hello,
I've no scanner at hand, so try to draw the following:

In a metalic 723, connect pins 7-8 to a 10 microF to ground, pin 9 to a 10 nF to ground, pins 1-3-5 to ground, pins 2-6 to a 10 Ohm/ 0.5 Watt R to ground , from pin 4 a voltage divider: 10kOhm R, 1kOhm pot, 470 Ohm R to ground. Pin 10 to the pot cursor.

Hope this helps
but i have orcad :)
is this correct?

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I donoated you 10 points for this :)

C-Man said:
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I donoated you 10 points for this :)
Thanx, and i'll pass 5 to jorgito :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back