Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reply to habeeb on ur design of Vivaldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

akedar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vivaldi .hfss

Hi Habeeb
i hav redesigned ur structure and attaching the file and also some simulated results as data file. Results for S11 are OK showing 2:1 VSWR but i couldnt get the pattern as simulation is taking more than 15 hrs of time which I was not having

But i think based on the changes i hav made just redesign ur structure as its simulation is taking hell lot of time more than 12-15 hours which is not normal for such structure as i m havin machine with 2GB RAM

I suggest to use default meshing whatever HFSS takes, it gives accurate results as i hav seen on my designs. They give excellent match with experiments

Thank you very much Akedar !!!

I really appreciate you time and kind cosideration for simulating my structure. I will now run it on my system and get back to you.

I have few more question, as I was simulating antenna with dimensions (35x8 cm) and it was taking me almost 12 hrs. But now as my desired frequency is decreased to 250 to 750 MHz my dimentions are increased (70x20 cm). Can these dimensions be simulated on computer of 2GB RAM ? Is there a procedure we can do settings to mesh, S parameter convergence, etc. to decrease the simulation time.

Can you please tell me the procedure how to do array simulation in HFSS. i.e. the master and slave technique.

Thank you very much Akedar.

Habeeb

u an simulate on 2GB ram ..thats not a problem...HFSS itself uses minimal and accurate meshing..son ned to do that...master and slave technique i hav nit treid till now but there is good tutorial on it on Ansoft site u can download it from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back