Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement of PAM8406DR for Class AB audio Amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heena09

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I am using PAM80406DR IC for Audio amplification But its size is bit high . I a using it with Analog mems MIC of CUI devices for amplification

Now i wants to replace this PAM8406DR with AB amplification. But not yet find out any.

Hi,

class AB amplifiers in the same range of output power may easily need a heatsink in the size of a cigarette box...

Klaus

Y
Hi,

class AB amplifiers in the same range of output power may easily need a heatsink in the size of a cigarette box...

Klaus
Thank you,

So that i need to replace it for Proper Audio amplification.

Any suggestion

Please explain your application. What's the point of connecting a 2x5 W class D power amplifier to a microphone?

Please explain your application. What's the point of connecting a 2x5 W class D power amplifier to a microphone?
I am interfacing mic to send an audio via Bluetooth so the quality of PAM8406DR CLASS AB is very good but need to reduce the size on PCB. ANd need good replacement IC

Your thinking is wrong.. You don't need Power Amplifier, you just need a Microphone Amplifier.
Bluetooth module should normally have kOhm range Input Impedance. You cannot drive this impedance by power amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back