Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement diode for RK46 diode from SI-8033S

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I was previously using 3.3v regulator (LM2937ET).But now unfortunetly it is short in local market and i come across new regulator (SI-8033S).It has a recommended circuit which consist of a diode (RK46),inductor (150uH) and capacitors.
Unfortunetly diode (RK46) is unavailable in the local market.Can anyone tell me is there any replacement diode which i can use.The manufacturer recommend in the datasheet to use (RK46).Following is the circuit diagram and the recommendation note.

Re: 3.3v Regulator query

You can use almost any Shottky rectifier. The important parameter is speed, most normal rectifiers (1N400x series for example) are not fast enough. The voltage and current in your circuit will be quite low. I use 1N5819 in this sort of application.

Brian.

Re: 3.3v Regulator query

Thanks guys for your help.I am using 1N5819,Is there any way to find that this diode will work fine with SI-8033S.

3.3v Regulator query

Hi,
you see,
RK46 (60V,3.5A, Trr100nsec Schottky) has ca. 0.6V at 3A, 1N5819 has 0.9V at 3A and (for me) are speed data unknowed!
Trr can be relevant in your appl, another question is the 50% higher voltage drop, it can be a problem too, but (I think) will not kill the SI-8033 :)...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.