Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Repair Pickit3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suresh60

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My pickit3.5 shows only 1.3v at the ouput (VDD). Otherwise it connects with MPLAB , but cannot complete loading (It complains about the voltage). I tried the pickit3 schematic. But there are differences.

Has anyone repaired this ? Is the proper schematic for 3.5 available ? I can see 5v at may points like LM358, VDD feedback etc. Output1 of LM358 ahows 4.65v and thats it. Can't find any damaged parts.

What could be the issue?

I don't think there ever was an official Pickit 3.5 so it is probably a clone of one of the other versions. Please post the schematic so we can see where the problem might be.

Brian.

I don't think there ever was an official Pickit 3.5 so it is probably a clone of one of the other versions. Please post the schematic so we can see where the problem might be.

Brian.
thks for responding. It definitely is a clone. I couldn't find the exact schematic for 3.5.
This has differences with the schematic of PICKIT3 .

Let me prepare the images marking the voltages and differences with the available schematic , to attach.

[Updated]

Here is image of the board with the voltages now seen.

IMG_20240403_071730 copy.jpg

Finally found the problem. I was looking it upside down.

For some reason the computer usb port was not supplying 5.0v It was slightly less. And I was trying to program it at 5V. SINCE PICKIT could not find 5V, it did not switch the ouput. When I changed the program loading voltage to 4.5 it worked like a charm.

I must have paid attention to the requirements more seriously. One lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.