Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Renesas Programmer circiut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the specification of that MCU .and what is the price ?

The second link doesn't require a login:

What is gR8C? The gR8C (pronounced "great, see?") standard is a hardware standard for interfacing R8C processors to host computers, both for programming them and for communicating with them. By standardizing, all gR8C-compatible projects can interact with each other and share their work.

gR8C

The price of the controllers which am using are

R8C1B - Rs.48 approx - (16Kb Flash + 1K RAM + 2 Serial Ports + 10Bit ADC + 1K Data Flash + Hi Speed On chip OSC + 3 Timers)
R8C27 - Rs.70 approx - (32Kb Flash + 1.5K RAM + 2 Serial Ports + 10Bit ADC + 2K Data Flash + Hi Speed On chip OSC + 4 Timers)

The price of the controllers which am using are

R8C1B - Rs.48 approx - (16Kb Flash + 1K RAM + 2 Serial Ports + 10Bit ADC + 1K Data Flash + Hi Speed On chip OSC + 3 Timers)
R8C27 - Rs.70 approx - (32Kb Flash + 1.5K RAM + 2 Serial Ports + 10Bit ADC + 2K Data Flash + Hi Speed On chip OSC + 4 Timers)
from where we can buy R8C controllers in this prize. Mr madhan7710

I do not see any schematics in the manual for it.

There was mention of a couple of other web sites but again I did not see any hardware schematics actually shown. Also, will an R8C/13 programmer program a R8C/26?

What is required to program these? Will any serial communications software flash these if a hex file is sent to it? What software is needed and what hardware? I know Renesas sells the starter kit but I do not need a $200 kit if I am only going to program one or two of these.

What am I missing?

I have never personal utilized an R8C in any projects, therefore any advice I can offer concerning the serial programming protocol/commands required to program the device is limited.

However, I suspect there is documentation available from the Renesas website concerning the specific programming protocol for your particular device.

The R8C and several other Renesas microcontrollers of the same family appear to have a resident bootloader which allows them to be programmed via asynchronous serial interface.

It appears the link below offers the schematic of a R8C dev board which used a FT232R USB to Serial Bridge Chip to program the device using a standard asynchronous serial interface:

R8C/33c DevCon Lab Board

Other pages on the same site provide a programming app to drive the FT232R, see my previous post.

Inexpensive FT232R breakout boards are readily available, therefore you should be able to roll your own programmer and use the programming app available from the site.

I also came across the following document which maybe of interest:

Easy R8C/M16C/M32C/R32C Flash Programming

Renesas seems to offer a more elaborate programmer/debugger/emulator which appears to offer in circuit debugging/emulation as well as programming capabilities.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.