Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Relay Problem: After on and off few times, the relay stuck/jam in the on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, that the 16A type is a Power PCB Relay RT1 bistable. PCB Relays - Schrack General Purpose and Power Relays - TE

It has limited inrush current handling. According to restricted contact force of the bistable operation, you don't find bistable variants of inrush-proof relays.

Test with a new relay load being resistive type, like incadecent bulb or hair dryer to rectify if it is due to ballast choke or pfc capacitor.
Try with a capacitor around 33uF in paralell with coil side of relay.

The relay I'm using is schrack RT314A12.

Would like to ask, what is the problem cause the relay stuck/jam in the on stage?

When I use schrack 040967002000, there is no such problem which stuck in the on stage.

Thanks.

I don't have access to old Schrack data sheets. Can you please post or link a specification of Schrack 040967002000?

Tap hard with handle of screwdriver till your relay get out of latch.
Applying excessine heat while soldering can damage the relay. Or it is company defective.

there is another scenario:

When the relay switches the load, due to an interference/noise the microcontroller gets reseted, and the relay goes off then. When the controller powers up, the relay turns on, again the controller resets, relay goes off, a kind of relay chattering happens. In the process of continous make and break of the contacts, an arc can cause a welding. But this is likely to happen at higher load switching. The way to get rid of this chattering problem is isolation of the relay from the control circuit.

Dear all,

My problem is solved by using a high inrush current relay which is RTS3TF12. Thanks everybody for giving me the idea for solving the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back