Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding tms320c2812 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

arti.iisc

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tms320c2812+use

Hi all
I am planning to design a dsp board for control system's application by using TMS320f2812 DSP Controller.
my question is that do we always need a JTAG with controller. is it not compatible with USB or other like PP , RS232 etc.
bacause to use JTAg for my product it will be a high coast product. i am looking for a cheap solution by using USB or RS232. or we can use JTAG to USB convertor. are they available in market.
i need help.

Thanks

tms320c2812 board

I'm also building a board with F28xx.
There are some posts in the forum about programming f28 via RS232, but I still cannot do this.
The problem with the JTAG is very serious because it is expensive and you cannot debug the DSP without it. It does not matter what is the JTAG (USB or PP) it is expensive and this is the TI's policy.
Keep in mind that there is almost no support from TI. I have experience building C6711 board and TI was replying to my questions with a 1-2 months delay and their answers were almost useless.

Hi
Thanks for reply, so how can i design a board if i dont have emulater, i also asked from TI people,but i couldnt get an idea as far as implementation is concern.
is there any solution you know.
or i have to jump any other companies processor.
please reply me.

Asking the people from TI is a waste of time….
The board design is not a problem. Anyway you have to place a JTAG header on your PCB. I can tell you what I did. Currently I have a DSP, a voltage regulator, JTAG header. I also left space (not soldered yet) for a RS232 interfacing. The DSP is alive (there are oscillations on it’s clk output pin). And now I’m working out to implement some JTAG/programmer.
I’ve got an working SM510 JTAG (a Russian implementation) from a friend of mine, but I wasted two weeks in trials to run it. Since I’m not going to spend more time with this board, I’m planning to make another experiment next week. If it is not working too, I’ll try with the UART programming. I’ll keep you in touch if I get something working.
Meanwhile if may try implement the UART programming of the DSP too. I started from here:

Hi,
actually spectrum digital has ceated a starter kit by usinf TMS320f2812 processor.

and on that kit they interfaced JTag to parallel converter with DSP controller, n then they conncetd paralllel header to interface with PC, but i am not getting the perticular chip cost.
have u looked on EZdspf2812 starter kit.

I have the kit too. What are the specific questions about it?
If you mean to clone the JTAG part - it is an FPGA design and Spectrum Digital does not provide the sources to implement the FPGA.

For the TMS320F2812, you can program flash via RS232 using SDFlash tool from Spectrum Digital, have a look at:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back