Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding the samples bypass vhdl code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitry07

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello support team,

I am getting output samples ( 1 sample width : 16 bits) with a rate of 61.44 MSPS in below repetative form.

Sample 0 = correct output​
sample 1 = no output​
sample 2 = no output​
sample 3= correct output. and so on.....​

So, here my requirement is to bypass sample 1 and 2 and move forward the sample 0 and 3. so my output would become sample0,3, 6, 9, 12,15,..... like this.

Could you please suggest a suitable logic in order to apply above.
Awaited your response.

yes, I am also thinking of counter. I have tried but not getting the proper result. may be there is some issue of falling edge and rising edge. could you please suggest?
I am getting counter divider 0 and 2 only.
--- Updated ---

I have attached the screenshot of my output samples without implementation of counter.
sig_m_axis_dout_tdata_1[15:0] = as you can see after every 2 samples, I am getting one correct sample.

Let me give you breif, My div_out_0 and div_out_1 are the I and Q samples , which I am providing to the CORDIC to get SQRT(I^2+Q^2).
I_hex = 2280
Q_hex=oeba
CORDIC output in hex = 2582

So, I want to add one counter at the CORDIC output, in which I can bypass the 2 samples out of total 4 samples.

without counter_high radix_latency4.PNG

Last edited:

The basic idea is that you need a modulo-3 up counter (i.e. 0 - 2). Initialize it to 2 for the initial sample S0. All samples at count 2 are valid.

6.144/3 = 2.048 MSPS, which is still a whole number.

It could actually be a multiple of mod-3. But the basic idea is that you need a mod-3 counter.

Last edited:

Hello

Thank you for your response. I will try this.
--- Updated ---

We can say this as one kind of filtering, right?

Last edited:

The basic idea is that you need a modulo-3 up counter (i.e. 0 - 2). Initialize it to 2 for the initial sample S0. All samples at count 2 are valid.
6.144/3 = 2.048 MSPS, which is still a whole number.

It could actually be a multiple of mod-3. But the basic idea is that you need a mod-3 counter.
Hi
I'm not sure about the initialization value in this formula. Can you explain more?

initial zero will do. It is implementation issue to choose valid sample anyway.
Very simple.

index ------logic-------- count(2 bits)
s0 ---------- pass ------- 0
s1---------- mute--------1
s2 ---------- mute ------- 2 and then force to 0 instead of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back