Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding setting up an electronics lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopal_kmu54

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai to all

i am a newbie to this forum. I want to set an electronics lab in my home. i am an indian. i am an doing my p.g in electronics. so kindly help me what are the components and tools are required. along with that kindly specify the brand name with model number. if you came to know any resource regarding that kindly attach to it. your valuable suggestion help me to set up better lab.

thanks in advance
K.Gopalakrishnan

Hi,
Firstly the test equipment are extremely important. This includes voltmeters, ammeters or multimeters, oscilloscopes, LCR meters, ESR meter, etc. The brand and model depend on your budget. I have a multimeter from Sanwa, LCR meter from GW Instek and oscilloscope I don't remember, but it's some Taiwanese company, ESR meter some Portugese company.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Some instruments, tools and supplies are universal to almost every lab setup. Most of us wait until a need arises to buy specialized equipment. Much depends on budget and specialty. I won't make a list but mention some things that I think are often overlooked. Lighting should be bright and white like an operating theater. You'll probably have a magnifier light but consider a head-mounted magna visor that allows you to move around without losing binocular vision. Include an isolation transformer power strip for safety. I've gotten hot solder in my eyes before so I believe in safety glasses when soldering or snipping leads. A small kitchen fire extinguisher can save you a lot of trouble if you get a little solvent fire. It's worth some effort and expense to get a comfortable chair or stool. With so many CMOS circuits around now, plan some ESD protection into the flooring and bench with mats and convenient ground strap connections. Spend freely on hand tools that you'll use very frequently and save on specialty items.

Status
Not open for further replies.