Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Piezo Freq Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

masab_ahmad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just wanted to ask that can a common guitar piezo detect frequencies of >100Khz?, which can be filtered out and amplified for further analysis?

Thanks!
Masab

I would say that the output would be so low as to be useless. The piece of piezo material has been chosen and mounted to get the most audio output in the audio frequency band. Try a pair out, drive one with a 100KHz generator and use a millivoltmeter on the other.
Frank

We have to agree first what you consider as a common guitar piezo. If you disassemble it and analyze the mechanical design, you can determine if it can be expected to give considerable sensitivity in the 100 kHz range.

But I tend to agree with Frank. If the pickup is designed to perform cantilever vibrations, which gives maximum sensitivity at lower frequency, it's sensitivity at higher frequencies will be very low. For wideband sensitivity, longitudinal vibrations and a transducer with damping would be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back