Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a multiplexed 5 digit 7 Seg to display frequency Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schema inc.

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone i would like to know how to approach in building a electronic circuit that will use a volume type/Power ON/OFF /Pull test switch to power on the Unit also 4 toggles 1st toggle is ch A(on) 121.70 or (on)B 121.90 Preselected fixed frequency and the 3 Frequency select toggles are mom(on) off(centre) mom(on) f rom R to L --3rd from right incr or decr last digit of (000.0X), 2nd from R incr or decr middle digit (000.X0), far Left toggle incr or decr (00X.00) and i would like to use a pic16F628A microchip/s to control the whole thing, also I want to be able to interface to flight sim via TTL to rs232 (USB)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to use 5 npn/pnp transistors with 5 digit 7 Seg displays CA or CC : whichever /whatever gives me the max brightness. also I would like to use discrete components as much as possible: to keep costs down.
and all 5 Digits must be lit AT ONCE WHEN, POWERED ON.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone would like to give me a step explanation in the design, that will be great. I have tried researching a lot on all this and cannot find a complete tutorial so to speak on step instructions. I really want to learn how this is programmed and interfaced.

Input power: 12DC
[X= digit being changed]

Last edited:

Do you need to generate the frequencies ?

"4 toggles" is that 4 toggle switches ?

USB, USB UART OK ?

Display LED or LCD ?

Regards, Dana.

7 Segment LED display 0.56" type -Yellow /4 toggle switches SPST/SPDT and or DPDT /(USART or UART is ok, pretty much everything like the pics bellow
Thanks for responding .Dana

Attachments

• RS232 To TTL Converter Module.jpg
    RS232 To TTL Converter Module.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 124
  • spdt.jpeg
    spdt.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 123
  • rs232 to usb cable.jpg
    rs232 to usb cable.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 126
  • 7 Seg display.jpg