Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommended LCD Controller for STN Color LCD Module (320x240

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrom

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
color lcd controller

The LCD Module provides the following pin: FLM, CL1, CL2, DISP, D[7:0], Vldc, Vo, Vm, Vi

Would you please recommend LCD Controller for me?

320x240 color lcd controller

Hi brother!
I work with similar project and found the following chips :
TOPRO 6508
Asiliant (or Chips) standart 65550

All chips are ISA or PCI pattern.

gorkin

casio cmd500tt10

What processor are you using? Epson makes good controllers for the QVGA type color lcd's. The 13705 series is quite good.

However, my recommendation (if you are still open to a CPU) is to use the Samsung or Sharp ARM7 solution which comes with the built in LCD controller. Cost is much less with this solution and usage is easier.

With an external LCD controller, you have to deal with additional wait states which makes the system slower. With an integrated solution, the speed is good AND coding is easier.

Ajay

stn lcd module 320x240

Actually, Cumtomer want to use STN LCD from Casio (CMD500TT10-C1) with the ARM9 board. So, the LCD Controller will interface between ARM9 CPU and LCD Display. And we have to develop a custom device driver on uClinux.

BTW, Thank you very much for your advise. I will take a look at the controller from epson.

Status
Not open for further replies.