Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me a simulator for AM simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRFGUY

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I plan to do AM simulations (block by block, means mixer, modulator, demodulators...). Which simulator is suitable fo this.

I familiar with (orcad, harmonica (ansoft)). I don't want to do block diagram simulations. I want to try in circuit simulation.

Re: AM simulations

You can do "block by block" simulations in Harmonica(Serenade) as well in OrCAD (preferably 9.2 or higher version). Harmonica needs less computing resource, is faster and is very suitable to simulate rf and microwave circuits, especially oscillators, mixers, modulators and demodulators, small signal amplifiers and even PAs. If you choose OrCAD/PSpice software, is possible to simulate rf-LC oscillators, amplifiers (if you have OrCAD 10, medium PA can be simulated with Q2N3866, BFW16, BFG10, 11, 135, 197, 97, etc. transistors modells) and mixers (I recommend gillbert cell or differential or MOSFET tetrode mixers)

Re: AM simulations

Ansoft's new circuit simulator is Nexxim.

For the complete design flow see **broken link removed**

Itai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back