Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver termination problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deba_fire

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am currently debugging a HDMI receiver circuit.I am seeing a curious problem and need experts help in understanding this.Let me explain the problem.

The situation is as below:
I have the receiver circuit connected to an HDMI transmitter through a cable.The HDMI transmitter is always powered on.I power off the receiver keeping the HDMI transmitter on and receiver being connected to HDMI transmitter through a cable.Then I power on the receiver and while probing the signals I found that the termination voltage and resistance are not correct.Then I just take out the cable from receiver and connect it back.Just doing this brings back the termination voltage and resistance to its correct value.

After some debug I came to the conclusion that receiver circuit over current protection circuits are triggered for some reason and they gets deactivated when I remove the cable and connect it back.

I am curious if this problem happens in other cable standards like USB,LVDS etc. as they will also have over current protection circuits. Please provide suggestions if anyone has seen such issues.

Regards
Deba

Status
Not open for further replies.