Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

read servo-moteur position microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post explains the method.
It gives some hints, at best. But I think it's almost obvious. The only way to control a servo is to have a controller generating a pulse width. The controller uses the feedback potentiometer of the "master" servo as input.

But I don't see the other thread related to the present discussion.

But I don't see the other thread related to the present discussion.

I think the method described in the link I provided goes directly to this question of the originator of this thread:

i know that the servo is controlled by a PWM from the MCU, what i want is to block the position of the servo if someone try manually to do this, so i need to read the position of the servo in order to block the servo in the position in order to fix the servo in that position

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

i need just to read the position and save it and after i will send this position to the servo

Aside from hacking the servo, that is the only way I have read where someone has "read" the position of a model servo -- not the pwm pulse driving it.

John

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Perhaps I didn't get it, can you please explain in a few words how you think the servo position is read in the video?

Do you mean, it is done by monitoring the current consumption?

P.S.: Perhaps you understood the intention of the original poster better than I did. If so, it has been stated very unclear. But I agree, that it should be feasible to make the servo controller track a manual override action by sensing the supply current.

Last edited:

Yes, but I think the method is limited in so far as it can't exactly detect the position of a servo, only try to get out of the way of an external force. To detect it's direction, it needs to make short moves to both sides. I would prefer a simple potentiometer (a modified servo) in most cases.

But thanks for insisting.

Yes, but I think the method is limited in so far as it can't exactly detect the position of a servo, only try to get out of the way of an external force. To detect it's direction, it needs to make short moves to both sides. I would prefer a simple potentiometer (a modified servo) in most cases.

But thanks for insisting.

I agree. That is what I would probably do too, particularly with the Futaba 3003, which is huge in dimensions by current standards.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back