Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCF Subwoofer Amplifier PIC16F870-I/SP please help me about hex code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilyesse

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an RCF Subwoofer Amplifer , i got this chip 16F870-I/SP lost his programme and i've been 3 days searching for a hex code but nothing left can anyone help me about the hex code that can solve all this probleme i tried so many hex codes but sometimes power is on and nothing happen sometimes goes trhough standby status and nothing happen anyone have idea about hex code ?

RCF is a manufacturer, 16F870 is a microcontroller. The two are unrelated unless you are saying the amplifier has a 16F870 inside it. If that is the case, at least tell us the amplifier model number so we can try to trace it. The code will normally only be available from the manufacturer and for obvious reasons they probably won't release it. They may however sell you a new pre-programmed IC.

Brian.

Yeap The Amplifier has The PIC16F870-I/SP inside it , that when you turn on amplifier it opens relays and get everything ready , it's a subwoofer with an amplifier inside it, so it's an RCF art 705 AS Subwoofer Model serial number : IAX00006 , i have the Programmer and new chip , i tried to save hex code from original chip but nothing showing up hard to get hex code or save it , i have 2 subwoofers down now i only need hex code to add it then everything gonna be alright ...

Assume in case of doubt that microcontrollers in a commercial product are code protected to prevent simple product copy.

Assume in case of doubt that microcontrollers in a commercial product are code protected to prevent simple product copy.
So is there any other chance to get it ?

Last edited:

Ask the manufacturer. They may provide you with a new programmed chip but certainly not the HEX file needed to program a blank chip yourself (unless they are about to dump the product and no longer care about clone manufacturers)
Susan

Looking at the adverts for that model, none of them mention any feature that requires a microcontroller (in my opinion) so I'm not sure what the PIC actually does. If you can trace circuitry around it you should be able to write your own program, it isn't difficult.

Brian.

Looking at the adverts for that model, none of them mention any feature that requires a microcontroller (in my opinion) so I'm not sure what the PIC actually does. If you can trace circuitry around it you should be able to write your own program, it isn't difficult.

Brian.
am new brian on this how could i create my own program for it ? I have some photos for you this is the amplifier of the subwoofer

Attachments

• 20220707_144353.jpg
    20220707_144353.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • 20220707_144333.jpg
    20220707_144333.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 117

Ask the manufacturer. They may provide you with a new programmed chip but certainly not the HEX file needed to program a blank chip yourself (unless they are about to dump the product and no longer care about clone manufacturers)
Susan
i tried to contact them but no reply ...

The PIC will have nothing whatsoever to do with the audio, it is far too slow to handle high quality digitized sound so it will only be used to drive indicators or maybe remote control if it has that feature.

However, PICs are very robust devices and it is unusual for them to break down. Before going further, are you sure that is where the problem lies? The pictures show one pin is not inserted into the socket properly so please check that isn't causing your fault.

Brian.

Yes
The PIC will have nothing whatsoever to do with the audio, it is far too slow to handle high quality digitized sound so it will only be used to drive indicators or maybe remote control if it has that feature.

However, PICs are very robust devices and it is unusual for them to break down. Before going further, are you sure that is where the problem lies? The pictures show one pin is not inserted into the socket properly so please check that isn't causing your fault.

Brian.
Yes im pretty sure its the pic cause i had 2 subwoofers one is working and the other one is down when i dud remove the pic from the good one and put on the down one it works fine so the problem is on the pic but when i tried to copy it to new chip can't see the hex code and didn't work but i did something wrong i pressed the auto programming button so he deleted the good pic ... so both are down now and i don't have the programme that gives led on and status and relays everything.. he should work fine so the relays open up and everything is ready

The manufacturer is your only sure option. Even if you did manage to read the code from the good one it would almost certainly be code protected. All PIC devices have a system that 'locks' the code once it has been programmed so it can't be read back.

The only other way to do it is to work out which pins on the PIC do specific jobs, for example one might light an LED, another read a switch, then write your own program that copies the operation of the original. Writing the program is fairly easy but you would need a schematic or to spend a lot of time tracing the circuit tracks to find out what each pin does.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back