Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC oscillators and NAND multivibrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeyeb

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nand oscillator

k i really need to know wat is going on in RC oscillators. i have seen in sites that this a simple circuit such as

**broken link removed**

is an oscillator but wen i try to connect an bulb it doesn't seem to blink around 1 Hz , taking resistor= 1k and capacitor= 100uF and the formula being Freq=1/(2pi*RC) . Also wen is the formula freq= 1/(3RC) used. I probably sound so noob but can someone explain y the circuit doesn't work.

Also about Astable Multivibrators using NAND circuit in that page

**broken link removed**

I really need to understand wat the heck is going on in that circuit. Lol can anyone also explain where the power source goes.

1/2pi*rc

An oscillator delivers some kind of energy. Where does it come from ?
Answer: Such a passive RC circuit as shown in the link has to be combined with an amplifier in order to work as an oscillator. This passive ladder has the task to produce at a certain frequency a phase shift of 180 deg. Combine it with an inverting amplifier (with the appropriate gain value) in a closed loop and you have 360 deg in total which satisfies the Barkhausen criterion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back