Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding programming the ATMEGA16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaze105

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im using codevision to program the ATMEGA16 through a dev board.

Im hoping to connect it to a crystalfontz LCD (link below)

CFA634-TFB-KS, CFA-634 Serial LCD 20x4, RoHS Compliant, White Edge LED Backlight, FSTN

As according to the LCD datasheet, im connecting the port on the LCD called DATA_IN. It is directly connected to the TXD port on the ATMEGA16.

I programmed it to display a simple code (printf("Hello World");

I did set up it up correctly (baud rate, 8 data, no parity, 1 stop). Despite checking it again and again, I cannot get it to display anything so I wanted to confirm that what im doing is correct with the ATMEGA16.

In order to get TXD port to output to the LCD, I just need PORTD set up as an ouput, is that correct? Do I need any other setting to specifically set it as a TXD port?

At a quick glance, it seems that the rs232 level is inverted.

You have to invert the data

The LCD has a couple jumper ports that requires to be closed to accept invert data (which i did do)

Status
Not open for further replies.