Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about AGC stability problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooller

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody,
I have design an AGC based on 3 stage linear dB VGA and peak detector,LPF. and there is DC offset cancel block in the VGA circuit, which is made of a low pass path from the VGA output feedback to the VGA input, so that there will be a zero(about 500Hz) and a pole(about 10khz) in the transfer from the input of VGA to the output in the whole.

But when I am doing the simulation, the problem comes. In my simulation, the input signal is 50khz, The AGC loop will become unstable when the input signal is small(in which case the gain of the VGA and the output resistance of the VGA shold be larger), and the control voltage of the VGA will oscillate. But when the input signal is given larger, the AGC loop will be stable,and work well.

The problem have puzzled me for a few days, and still don't find out how to solve this, can anybody help me. Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.