Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[QuestaSim] Tabs re-arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivlsi

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Is it possible to re-arrange tabs (slide them right/left) in the QuestaSim windows?

Thank you!

Sortof... It seems you cannot slide tabs as you can in other applications. But you can remove them from view and then re-add to get the tabs in the desired order. Not nearly as convenient, but if you really really want a particular order then you can make it so.

so, sliding of the tabs is impossible ...

Seems like it. At least, I couldn't get them to do that.

Tip for next time you ask this: specify which version (in addition to OS). ;-) For all I know there could be subtle differences in gui behavior with the various versions.

Questa v10.0

I tested with v10.1 on linux 64-bit, and there it was nogo. Like I said, if you really want a particular order you can arrange it. But it is not nearly as convenient as something like say CTRL+SHIFT+PageUp/Down to move tabs. Maybe there is a tcl command to activate next tab from selection or something? Then you could do a key bind for that and you'd be all set. I must admit I haven't looked all that much into gui customization, so you'd have to RTFM for that.

Or maybe some else knows if that is possible at all?

What is RTFM?

:p :razz: :razz:

Regarding the script it yourself solution, do help Tk on the questa console for some inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back