Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QuestaSim Saving Simulation State

Status
Not open for further replies.

wryre

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using ModelSim Software Version 10.4c.

My group is running a simulation on a moderately sized design that is taking a decent chunk of time to simulate.
However, the initial state of the design is loading a lot of constant pre-computed values into our modules SRAM.
I was wondering if there was a way to save the entire state of the simulation in a file and have the simulation
always start from this defined state without having to restructure a lot of our current code.

There is a pretty hard split between this 'stage' of the design and the stage that we actually care about, but they are not independent enough that we can just completely split the design into twos parts and simulate them separately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

I know how to do it using ModelSim. So it might be possible with Questa too!
Have you read Quests's tech docu?

In modelsim one can use the vsim command along with the associated switch options for WLF and DO files to view a previously saved simu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back