Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Questasim error - (vish-4014) No objects found matching 'sim:/......'

Status
Not open for further replies.

satishsa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am migrating to questasim 10.3c from an older version of the tool. I use a 3-step compilation process.

vlog
vopt
vsim

I noticed after the migration that I am unable to view any of my assertions in the wavefoem and am greeted with the message:

# (vish-4014) No objects found matching 'sim:/.................'

I did some investigation and saw that during my vopt compilation, I had the flag +acc=a set. Although this should work for PSL and SystemVerilog assertions (according to the manual), It wasn't.

I decided to just enable "+acc" which allows all flags. Less optimal, but should solve my problem. Nope, it did not.

At this point the only other choice I have is to not optimize using +novopt but I do not want to do this. Any idea why this isn't working as expected?

Thanks

Did you try vsim -assertdebug

Did you try any of the examples in the examples/systemverilog/assertions directory?

Thanks Dave for your reply

I do have -assertdebug in my vsim arguments.

I haven't tried the examples in the directory you mentioned. These assertions were viewable in Questasim 10.1 so I would assume Mentor would try and maintain the same functionality.

I found that rather than dragging the assertion from the objects window into the wave window, by going to View->Coverage->Assertions, I can easily view all assertions.

I guess this is the right way to do it anyway.

Hello Dave/Satishsa,

I am also facing the same issue.

I have migrated VE from 10.1 to 10.3e.
During this migration, I am seeing assertion loading issue.

I am using "+acc" argument in vlog command and -assertdebug argument in vsim command of Makefile.

Using this Makefile, I am able to see the assertion in waveform with 10.1 without any error whereas getting "vish-4014 No objects found matching" error with 10.3e.

I have gone through User reference Manual and found that if we use wildcard to load object, It will exclude assertions, variable etc object type.

After this I have removed "Assertion" from WildcardFilter setting of modesim.ini and run simulation. Now assertion is loaded into instance window.
But If I try to load assertion into waveform window then showing same (vish-4014) error.
Then I have removed * from add wave command in transcript window and tried to check. That time I am able to see the assertion in waveform window.

Please suggest if there is any generic way to overcome this manual process.

Also I have noticed that in 10.2C version with same Makefile and updated 10.2C modelsim.ini file (for WildacardFilter) ,
If I run simulation and add assertion into waveform window then without removing * from add wave command, I am able to see the assertion in waveform window.

Please suggest for this discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back