Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Querry on Pattern Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik_hr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to pattern simulation. I have inserted the scan chain for a design with RTL compiler and generated patterns through Encounter test.
Now that I have generated the patterns, I am validating through ncsim and viewing the waveforms through simvision.
Since I am working on a small design which contains about 520 flops. I am not getting any sort of errors in prelayout simulation of patterns.
All the 2 lac odd patterns generated are passing without any miscompares.
I would like to know, what are the possible issues coming up while running prelayout pattern simulation?
Is it possible to force a miscompare in pattern simulation? If yes, how?

Thank you in advance.

There is not any specific list which contain the issues of pre layout pattern simulation...It can be understood by experience only...
Yea we can force the logic value in the design but that is not the solution..we are forcing just to make sure that whatever we debug, it is correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back