Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM to 0-12VDC using Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basss

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I have some equipment which needs a control voltage to select the speed. At this time I use an Arduino in combination with a PWM to 0-10V converter as seen below.
It works pefect, except I can't reach full speed because the device expects a control voltage from around 2-12V.

sku_318473_1.jpg

Does anyone know a solution to solve this?

Kind regards,

Bas

1) What is the supply voltage range for the gadget you are showing? Do you have a data sheet or specs?

It could be as simple as increasing the supply voltage a couple of volts.

I only have the following information from ebay

PWM 1-10V Digital to Analog Signal Tranformer Module for PLC Signal Interface Switch

Features:
- Tranform PWM signal to 0-10V analog signal, used on PLC or other industrial control board signal interface switch
- PWM signal receive frequency range: 1-3KHZ
- PWM signal receive level range: 5V level(If 12V/24V, need an resistor to limit current, 12V 330-560ohm, 24V 1.5-2.7K ohm
- Voltage Input: 12V/12V-28V

I only have tried it with 12V supply, but if I read the info the max output will be 10V even if it's 28V.

Regards,

Bas

I'm newbie with electronics but I did some projects with Arduino. I may be wrong but seems to me you need a transistor. Using PWM to the base you got the current you want. Please someone tell me if I'm wrong.

I recommend letting the uC drive a power MOSFET driver IC
(best, through some buffering that can break any ground
loops) which can be had at multiple amps of output drive
and take 12V easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.