Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pwm signal

samsneed

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How would you connect this circuit from an n channel MOSFET to vbat, ground and pwm?

Of course I know the gate will get Vbat and source will be tied to ground but will pwm be connected to the drain to the output connector?

IMG_20230705_084855.jpg

Of course I know the gate will get Vbat and source will be tied to ground but will pwm be connected to the drain to the output connector?
“Of course“ I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Vbat connected to gate?

“Drain to the Output connector”?, what output connector?

give us some better information, and you’ll get a better answer.

The circuit will be put into a load box, that will have an output connector going to a harness to a circuit board. 13.5v, 1.4A and a pwm duty cycle of 65%, using VN2210N2 as an n channel MOSFET. Simulation of a couple ISO transients at the University.

The circuit will be put into a load box, that will have an output connector going to a harness to a circuit board. 13.5v, 1.4A and a pwm duty cycle of 65%, using VN2210N2 as an n channel MOSFET. Simulation of a couple ISO transients at the University.
That tells us exactly nothing.

Im done.

What more details would be helpful here?

The circuit is made to simulate an electric control module of an EV project at the University

The connection from the box will got to a circuit board with a string of LEDs to illuminate the grille

Of course I know the gate will get Vbat and source will be tied to ground but will pwm be connected to the drain
Could you rephrase the question to something that explains what kind of help that you want?
Your message conflicts with the diagram that you supplied.
The gate will get Vbat but the diagram shows Vbat going to the drain.
Source will be tied to ground - no its not in the diagram, it is tied to the output and a filter cap goes to ground.
I can only guess that you are trying to step down a voltage supplied by a battery to an external source using a PWM and a low pass filter.
So, the diagram is essentially correct albeit rather simplistic. (I have to assume that the pink splotched area is the PWM)
What is the battery voltage and current capability? Well, I guess I can calculate that based on your answer. It must be 20.8V and at least 909mA.
What is the PWM frequency?
A single 47nF cap will filter a 1.4A load? hmm I guess that means the PWM frequency is >3.5MHz. Maybe you want to add some inductors and larger capacitors so that a lower frequency oscillator can be used and the circuit will function at lower load currents than the maximum.
Is there no current limiting resistor somewhere?

The reason everyone is asking for explanations is that it is unclear what you are asking for. There are tons of examples on the internet of how to create this kind of circuit. Are you asking to explain it? Are you unclear about some part of the circuit. Do you need help with the calculations? We can only help if you explain clearly what it is that you want. Do you want a schematic for a DC to DC converter using a battery?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: