Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSpice and Electric VLSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

savan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to import my design of Tristate Buffer from Electric VLSI to OrCAD for PSpice simulation but I am unable to do this! Does any one have prior experience with this? THanks in advance

Can you post the picture of the schematic you plotted in electric VLSI?

Also do you need to import rather than plotting a new one?
In such a case there must be compatibility between those two softwares

Reactions: savan

savan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Can you post the picture of the schematic you plotted in electric VLSI?
Also do you need to import rather than plotting a new one?
In such a case there must be compatibility between those two softwares

Actually most of my designing is done in Electric VLSI and I just need to simulate that on PSpice as well!
There is compatibility of running Electric VLSI design in PSpice
Please see the below attached file!
Thanks for reply
The Electric VLSI message box is showing following message when I ask Electric VLSI to guess file!

D:\Creation\Electronics Project\York\COMP 268 lab\libraries\panic\tri.spi written
Running spice command: C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\capture\Capture.exe
=================================4=================================
unable to guess any simulation file with a known extension; the following directories were checked:
/D:/Creation/Electronics Project/York/pspice/try/
/D:/Creation/Electronics Project/York/COMP 268 lab/libraries/panic/
tri.png

Last edited:

Did you refer to Electric VLSI tutorial pdf? you can get some information in that. Try and let me know

I referred that and following the procedure mentioned there! and I gone through one of the tutorial video there as well!

I am trying to simulate my circuit laid out using Electric on PSpice as well. I also faced the same problem. Has this problem been resolved yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back