Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel99SE problem "Root has been Deleted" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus Master

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
root has been deleted

Hi All,

I've been using Protel99SE for years with complete success. Suddenly, once i try to open an existing design (*.ddb) or even try to create a new design, i started having an error message "Root has been deleted" and then an Exception Error message.

I think something has been changed in my windows database server, but i can't even think where to look for this error cause or how to trace it.

I'm really in a bad situation as i can't access my current designs or start new ones.

If anybody can offer any help ASAP it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for yur time.

protel root has been deleted

Did you relocate or rename any of the folders associated with Protel or the DDB you're trying to open?

The type of message you are seeing is typical of a server where a folder or file has been relocated or renamed.

Bus Master

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
protel99 root has been deleted

Unfortunately, the situation is completely different. I found the reason but it has no solution... unless you reinstall the d**n windows OS.

The problem occurred because microsoft has released a version of the ODBC server (most recent is 2.8 ) which is not completely backward compatible with the one that's used by Protel99SE (MDAC 2.5 ).

you can not downgrade from 2.8 to 2.5 unless you reinstall the windows OS from scratch.

I have no solution at all.

root account has been deleted masc

How did you decide the problem was with MDAC? I'm running Protel99SE under Windows XP with MDAC 2.81, and I don't have your problem.

protel 99 se 出现root has been deleted

there is no choice to re-stall the PROTEL 99SE..
are the software is original? the back-up cd, you can used it to re-modify or for self
error detection.

"root has been deleted". Might be due to the location of My Documents.

best regards,
randell_xtian

:D:D:D:D

can you downgrade from 2.8 to 2.5 mdac

I had this info from Altium support database

**broken link removed**

ok, i'll try to upgrade to MDAC 2.81, hope this works. my machine has MDAC ver. 2.8 and does not run Protel99SE correctly until now.

protel 99 root has

MDAC 2.81 is not supported on WinXP, only ver 2.8, and still not working :(

Any suggentions?

protel file repair ddb

Bus Master said:
MDAC 2.81 is not supported on WinXP, only ver 2.8, and still not working :(
Any suggentions?

I don't know where you're getting all your bad information, but I'm running WinXP SP2 and the version of MDAC installed on my computer (and working) is MDAC2.81 (MDAC2.8 with SP1) as read directly from the registry. Protel99SE is working just fine on my machine under those conditions.

My advice to you is to do a repair install or complete reinstall of Protel99SE and SP6 to Protel99SE - just as Option1 and Option2 in the Altium Knowledge Base article you reference above suggests.

root has been deleted, how to recover it?

Dear House_Cat

How comes you have MDAC2.8 with SP1 on WinXP SP2? microsoft lists this version for Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT only.

WinXP is not supported, i also had this result when i've tried to install it on my XP SP2.

Regarding Reinstalling Protel99SE, i've tried this approach a million times with no success. Also tried the (Repair) option for Protel99SE from the installation CD with no success.

Added after 1 hours 12 minutes:

This is driving me creazy !!!!!!!!!

After many trials, i've succeeded upgrading my MDAC to 2.8 SP1, then i uninstalled Protel99SE and reinstalled again with SP6, a complete clean install, but i still have the same problem "Root has been deleted".

is there other factors than the MDAC which could cause this problem? i can not find anything on the web regarding this...

protel 99 db repair

I think you must reinstall fresh copy of Windows on your system, and install protel again.

protel99se fix

Davood,

Sure this is the last solution i'm trying to avoid... but i think this is the only action i can take now...

solution to errors in protel99se

One final thought - have you tried repairing the database for one of the files you can't open? I know you said you can't create a new file, but I would at least try to fix one of those you can't open - just to see what happens.

1. Make a copy of one of your DDB files and try a repair on it.
2. Look at the top-left corner of Protel99SE for a downward arrow, click the left mouse button, and select DESIGN UTILITIES.
3. In the resulting dialogue, select REPAIR, then click on BROWSE
4. Select the DDB document to see if it can be repaired.

If you don't succeed, you will have demonstrated that the problem is in the operating system. If you do succeed, you will have shown that the file has been damaged, or a file path definition was changed.

no documents of type could be found protel 99se

I've tried this before, result remains the same even after repairing one of my files database.

Anyway, i've installed an additional copy of Win XP on my conputer and stopped all updates and internet connections. After installing Protel99SE on this windows, everything runs smoothly.

Thank you all very much for your help. i really appreciate your time and efforts trying to help me.

Yours,

protel 99se root has been deleted error

I tried this: regsvr32.exe msjtes40.dll
It seems it works !

Hi to a All,

This is a problem in upgaraded win xp ODBC file system with Protell99SE.

To slove the problem, simply:

1-close Protel 99SE
2-download the attached file(named "odbcjt32.dll")
3-replace it to this folder: "C:\WINDOWS\system32".
4-Run Protell99se.

I have done the procedure and I am very happy and successful!
**with sepcial thanks to my colleague (Mr Tabatabaei)**

Best Regards
Hamid Hassanzadeh

I have this exact problem and I'd love to get the version of the odbcjt32.dll file you say is "Attached" Where is it? How can I get it.? The version I have is 4.0.6205.0.
Microsoft ODBC Desktop Driver Pack 3.5.

Gracias MADURAN!

I tried this: run= regsvr32.exe msjtes40.dll

it works !!!:grin: :grin: :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back