Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Help - Artificial Skin for robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubEEstudent

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I'm need help with my E&E project

This is my project description.
Design an artificial skin with several epidermis layers that looks like real skin. The skin epidermis layers should have different sensors to detect different level of pains and hotness. The system must able to voice out for different pains and hotness.

I will be using an Arduino Mega microcontroller board for the project. However, I need help to select a correct sensor to detect the touch and heat correctly.
The skin area should be around 40cm by 10cm. The sensors is required to be embedded under the skin.

Can anyone provide me with some help to select the appropriate touch and heat sensor that is able to detect for the whole area of the skin effectively?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
nubEEstudent

Hi guys, I'm need help with my E&E project

This is my project description.
Design an artificial skin with several epidermis layers that looks like real skin. The skin epidermis layers should have different sensors to detect different level of pains and hotness. The system must able to voice out for different pains and hotness.

The feeling for touch, pain and heat are controlled sensors connected to nerves. These are biological sensors. They output electrical signals. The signals are processed by the remote agent (brain).

First you need to find some micro sensors for pressure (pain) and temp (heat).You need to dsitribute them randomly and uniformly over your area of skin (perhaps in the 2nd or third layer; counting from the top). For your project work, you may limit the number of sensors to a thousand or less.

Each sensor must have an individual address so that the arduino knows where pain is felt or which part of the skin is burning.

So begin at the beginning and then continue till you reach the end. What kind of sensors you are planning? They MUST be very small and must not take too much of power.

Hi,

Not sure if for touch sensing you could exploit resistive or capacitative touchscreen idea, if you could incorporate the concept into your skin layers. If you search for things along the idea of World-first printable transistor is fully recyclable you might get some ideas. If you could sense a matrix of printed transistors' Vbes and extrapolate temperature from it, that could be interesting, and really hard to implement. Above member's suggestions are far more practical, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back