Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PROGB pin and INITB Pin in Spartan 3A XC3S50A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please take a look at Marcel Majoor post. It is well explained. The XC3S50AN in special got a 1Mbit flash inside the same package with the fpga. A single boot of the FPGA should use about half of that flash, something like 500Kbit. So you have 500kbit to save non-volatile data. If 500kbit is enought for you, you don't need an external flash. If you need more space (as 128Mbit as you commented) than you need an external flash. TIP: if you ae not sure about the size of the flash you need just leave the footprint on your board conected to the FPGA. Unless you are out of space on your board i belive it is the most reasonable choice considering your doubts. You are not going to pay extra money to leave a footprint over there.

Cya

Last edited:

Hi,

I had seen the chapter 10 of Internal Master SPI. Now i am clear about this.

Thanks,
V. Prakash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back