Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with microchip TCP/IP stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorblind_80

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rtl8019as microchip stack

Hi everyone!

I'm going mad with microchip TCP/IP stack. I've assembled a picdem.net board clone with an old isa ne2000 card (rtl8019as) perfectly working with picweb 2.02. I've tried so many times to get work the microchip stack on a 18f452 but without result! 8O
The behaviour with this stack is that system led does not blink and the board seems to be idle. If i start the system with RB5 grounded, to enter the setup page, it takes 3-4minutes to reply! (and I must stay 3-4minutes with finger in the button!!)

This with the hex files assembled directly from microchip, if i try to compile the source i get the same behaviour but i must wait 10 minutes to get setup page :(

PLEASE HELP! :idea:

Re: Microchip TCP/IP Stack

Would you share schematic and other info about your work?

I about to build such a picdem clone and I will follow a proven design.

Thank in advance...

picman

Just an idea ... are the configuration fuses correct ? If it's so slow, it may be due to the chip working with a much slower clock than intended one.

Another issue can be the resonator/xtal not properly working. You may check the clock frequency with a scope...

Ciao

PicMan

Hi picman2,

in the next days i will collect all the info that i've used to construct the board and i will post in this forum.
I dont' think that's the configuration of the fuses, and the oscillator runs correctly (i'me sure at 100%)! The problem is that the only thing working is the setup page sent by serial port! the web server does not function at all! (i've waited 30 mins!!!).
However i'll try in the next days!!

If you have every idea post to me!!

Hi people!

I have the same problem with Microchip TCP/IP stack, the serial implementation works great (SLIP), but the stack with a ISA card (rtl8019as) doesnt work. The led is blinking (PIC) and i have deactivate the LCD routines, but the lan card appears inactive.

Gracias por su ayuda. (Thanks for you help)

Vit@min :sm19:

Hi,
Have a glance here :
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.