Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems of Internal MOSFET in Analog ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurabh Bangade

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on few of the analog ICs such as synchronous rectifier Boost/Buck Converter (DC-DC Controller) (MAX1763). The problem I am facing is that internal MOSFET is not working while for DC-DC converter (External MOSFET) it works fine..
Another application of Current limiting Switch ( TPS203x), there is a significant voltage drop across it And it is one of most important components in our circuit (acting as a sense resistor).
Can anyone help me in this case..

what do you mean by Internal MOSFET not working"?
can you post your schematic pr picture of it?

Do you mean to say, the original chips don't keep their specification? Or do you mean, you are trying to model them and don't get the expected result?

How you are connecting MAX1703, as driver or you are trying to use the internal (driving only MOSFETS)driving transistors as the main output MOSFETS (though the output current is 1.5 ampere)? As the datasheet specification say TPS203x is a 0.2 ~ 2 ampere capable switch (33mΩ at 5 volts supply) switch. If the drop is excessive it means the switch is bad, try to check with a new piece.
Still your circuit needed for further comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.