Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with xc18v04 and xc3s400

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsMasoud

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to perform a project with spartan-3 fpga . i have xc3s400 and xc18v04 as FPGA and PROM. for performing the project i made a pcb based on the circuit from xilinx application note xapp453 "The 3.3v configuration of spartan-3 FPGAs" as below:

when i set the mode pins to master serial like schematic then after running the impact every time it find several unknown devices but when i set mode pins to boundary scan the impact can find both of the devices like below and program and verify them successfully:

now my first question is :
why in master serial mode configuration like the above schematic impact can not find the right devices and program them?
my second question is about prom :
while programming the prom i check the LOAD FPGA option like below:

but after successfully erasing,programming and verifying the PROM the loading of FPGA with Prom don't complete and the DONE pin stay in low state you can see the console:

my question is why after programming the prom it can not load data to the FPGA and what is wrong with this process?

i hope you can help me to find the solution. i have dealing with this problem for 1 month but i could not manage with it.
please don't advise me to buy a starter kit or xcfxxs because it is impossible for me.

best regards

I suspect if the Spartan is not set to boundary tag mode, the Spartan JTAG interface will not work until the Spartan is configured.

I have the same problem with xc3s400 and xcf04s (after successfully erasing,programming and verifying the PROM the loading of FPGA with Prom don't complete and the DONE pin stay in low). Could you solve the problem ? please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back