Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with using ft232r on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

swakit

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using ft 232 with atmega 32 for serial communication over usb.
I have installed drivers properly. hardware is proper too.
Problem is when i connected it initially it worked fine but after 4-5 times of use now it is not working.
As in now my PC is not recognizing ft232. it always says 'usb device not recognized'
what cn be the problem please help .

Please reply soon .

Re: ft232r problem

one more thing i noticed that out of blue suddenly my ft232 started working but it just transmits over USB and doesnot receive. That is data sent by atmega is received on PC but data sent by PC is not received on atmega.
I tried checking wavwforms at RX pin of ft232 and discovered that there is no signal on that pin.
next i connected oscilloscope to d+ d- of usb and i discovered that even when i dont transfer any data i get some waveforms on d+ d- ; when i transmit from atmega those signals change and i receive perfect data on PC. but when i send sumthing from PC signals on d+ d- dont change and i dont get any data on rx pin.
so what is the problem?
is my pc not sending data properly in spite of showing it in terminal?
i dont kno please help further.
please reply soon

ft232r problem

check ur baud rate first
set micro frequency with baud rate 9600 on 8mhz
use internal oscillator 8mhz (change fuse bits)
use another ftd also u can use AvrCDC.

i offer u to use avrcdc... thats easy....

dont forget that d+ and d- are not like rxd and tdx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back