Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with signal output of second order LPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willykilly

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
second order lpf

I designed a low pass filter as per the circuit given in
https://www.sensorsmag.com/da-contr...rder-anti-aliasing-filter-a-sensor-signa-5861

but the signal output is not coming correctly. For a sine wave input it gives out 3/4 of positive half correctly but the negative half of the sine wave is distorted and I do not know what shape is that. What could be the problem. I am using exact vales of components and I asked my friend to verify the connections after verifying the connections myself.

Thanks in advance.

Re: second order lpf

It looks like your signal is a higher amplitude that the power supplies to the op amp an it is clipping. Either that or your op amp has a limited output swing. Try using one with "rail to rail" output ability.

Willykilly,

you didn't say anything about the power supply : single or dual?

I was using a quad channel opamp, with single power supply (LM399).

Thanks in advance.

second order lpf

Most likely you haven't biased it correctly for single supply operation. Please post your actual circuit.

Keith

Willykilly said:
I was using a quad channel opamp, with single power supply (LM399).

Thanks in advance.

Yes, and this is the reason for your problems (most probably).
Or did you install any biasing network (which is necessary for single supply)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back