Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with input impedance of post layout LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcdeepak

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i designed an inductively degenerated LNA for single frequency...ckt simulation is fine..i drew its layout...DRC,LVS are fine..but post layout is too bad
the input impedance is only 2 ohm...instead of 50ohm...what should i do?? plz help me

deepak

Re: LNA post layout

The problem will be caused by the post layout modeling file.
And you'd better connect the foundry to verify.

please check the Q of the input match network. and check if the peak frequency is varify from the wanted frequency.

Try to locate wither it's a Layout problem or parasitic modeling problem...

For example, run the extraction for the inductor alone, and check wither Q and L are equal to that given from schematic. repeat for other elements "RF transistor, Capacitors, etc."

It's possible also that you have double counted parasitics. "parasitics included in the RF models are re-extracted by the extraction tool..." I has similar experience with calibre once...

hi
thanks for your reply

my output matching S22 is fine...but input matching S11 is too bad..is this the inductor problem???
i am using the inductors provided by UMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back