Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with AC Split 1.5 tonns .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishdeshmuk

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a strange kind of problem that i am facing with my AC Split , the AC Split is 1.5 tonns having Running Rated Amps 7.5 Amps .....

The problem is that when i switch on my AC Split and as its compressor starts it takes around 7.5 Amps load (as it should be cause its normal) but after 4 to 5 minutes its load decrease to 3 Amps though its compressor is running , the fan running smoothly also there's no heating signs of compressor (not so heat up) .....

Then when i switch it off at that moment and try to switch it on its compressor it doesnt start up at all though i give it 3 minutes time .....

But if i give it couple of hours break the compressor starts up but the behavior remains the same i.e. after 4 to 5 minutes its load decrease to 3 Amps from 7.5 Amps ...

Its a 220 V Ac supply AC Split and the voltage is around 216 to 220 V Ac ...

what might be the problem ?

It is normal for a motor to draw surge current when started up, while it comes up to speed. This might take a second or two.

However perhaps for an A/C it takes a minute before it reaches its most efficient operating state.

Common advice says you should wait a few minutes after turning off an A/C, before you turn it on again.

The reason is because liquid refrigerant remains in the compressor when you shut it off. Since it is impossible to compress the liquid, therefore the compressor pump cannot turn.

You should cut off power immediately because a stalled motor draws extreme current.

After a few minutes, the liquid turns to gas. Then the pump will turn when powered up.

If you leave power connected to a stalled motor for a long enough time, it could change the operating characteristics of the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back