Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Harmonic Balance in ADS2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesan621

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.Im using ADS2009 for my Design.When I use Harmonic Balance in ADS2009 , I get this Error :
==================================================
hpeesofsim (*) 350.500 Feb 19 2009 (built: 02/19/09 22:31:44)
Copyright Agilent Technologies, 1989-2008.

***** Abnormal Simulator Termination *****
The simulator has unexpectedly terminated.
==================================================

According to my designed circuit in ADS 2011 with Harmonic balance have a perfect operation without any Error, What do you think about My problem in ADS2009?Please Help me:-(

I generally occurs because of mathematical anomaly due to-frequently- model nonidealities.
Go with 2011..

I generally occurs because of mathematical anomaly due to-frequently- model nonidealities.
Go with 2011..
I cant use ADS2011 Because I dont have Designkit TSMC 0.18um for ADS2011 and just I have it for ADS2009!!:cry:

Please help me with another solution.:-D

I am not sure about ADS, but in other simulator i solved similar problem by adding/deleting elements of layout step by step until it works. Then, when problem part was found, i tryed to replace it with some equivalent, or add some dummy element, like ideal capacitor, etc. to see if it works.

It is always a good idea to post a screenshot of your setup.

open options window of simulation, alt+prntscrn, then paste it to paintbrush, save as jpg and upload image here.

6506863400_1379939397.jpg

Can DC or AC analysis run without abnormal termination for same circuits for which you can't run HB Analysis ?

I dont have any problem with AC & DC analysis for my Circuit But in HB & Transient Analysis abnormal termination occurs!

I dont have any problem with AC & DC analysis for my Circuit But in HB & Transient Analysis abnormal termination occurs!
Are there some distributed component like microstrip line or frequency dependent components in your circuits ?

You're using A-Class amplifier and Vds voltage can reach upto 5V.But your transistors nominal operating voltage is max. 1.8V ( If I'm wrong, correct me) that's why model migh not support this voltage levels and consequently simulator stops with a kind of abnormal situation.Because model will warn the simulator against higher junction temperature,breakdown current and voltages,melting junction etc.
It's just a guess.
Another issue can very likely be simulator-model incovenience in large signal simulations for that version of ADS.If you consult to Agilent, they will say something concreteto you.

Last edited:

Hi my dear friend.In above circuit I've tried all transistors.(BJT & MOS) but no difference in Error.This circuit is the first example of Harmonic Balance Simulation Tutorial of Agilent Technologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear friends, thank you for helping me to solve this problem. My problem was solved with the use of designkit TSMC 0.18u for ADS2011.I have no problem with ADS2011:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back