Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in detection of Start and stop in I2C protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkanimozhi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i2c protocol start stop

Hi,
I need I2C start and stop condition check code either in vhdl or in veilog, i using i am designing I2C eeprom to implement the I2c protocol, I don't know how to write the code to detect teh start and stop condition in the level of the scl ,thanks in advance

kanimozhi

Hi,
I can't understand from that site, I need some sample code could u provide an y one for I2C start and stop bit detection in scl level triggering

kani

Have look at the below site. It has free IPs of I2C EEPROMs.
If you look sharp, you'll notice that it's intended as simulation model. Particularly, it's using unsynthesizable dual-edge flip-flops.

Basically, an I2C slave can be either realized fully synchronously, if a system clock is available in the design, or asynchrounously. An asynchronous design has to use some tricks to provide the SDA dual-edge start/stop detection. I didn't yet try, but it shouldn't be too complicated, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back