Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in boost circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have the output from Mosfet Source pin as +3V. I'm trying to boost this +3V to +5V using LM2623. But the problem is,
when i connect mosfet of Source to input to LM2623. Voltage at source pin (which is +3V) drops to 0.7V and at the output of the LM2623 is 1.1V.
Then, i have disconnected the mosfet source pin and LM2623.
I have applied external voltage from a voltage source to +3V to input of LM2623. In this case, output from the LM2623 is +5V, looks good.

What could be the problem? I think it may be due to higher impedance? If it's, how to make it to higher impedance to lower impedance.

Please help!!!

You can't get something for nothing, this is a power transfer mechanism, low volts/high current capability in high volts/lower current capability out, I think of it as a power transformer of sorts so if your input can't deliver the current the output cannot be produced that's all there is to it.

A MOSFET source pin as such doesn't source electrical power. We have to discuss a circuit to clarify the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.