Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Problem] design DRA for wlan aplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzysztofopolczyk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[Problem] DRA

First of all, hi everyone :)

I'm new user here and also I'm newbie in HFSS software so I have few questions.

I want design DRA for wlan aplication - that is my target.

But now I want to know HFSS options. I found "AnSoft_HFSS_version_9.2_Full_Documentation" and there is chapter about "The Probe Feed Patch Antenna". Can I switch "patch" structure to the dielectric resonator?

I'm using HFSS v 11 and I want create wave port but I have problem. I'm using manual from v 9.2:

**broken link removed**

Could someone write me step by step how to do it in v11? I annexed my working file where I want do this wave port.

Re: [Problem] DRA

hello dear..
i have HFSS 10 and i m unable to correct your structure but i will tell you the problem in your structure and then you try and remove this.

first your structure is totally wrong and radaition boundary is also wrong.

so
1-The inner conductor of the coaxial cable called the Feed ,It is drawn using Solids/Cylinder command. The origin of the cylinder corresponds to the feed point location for the DRA.
2-The next step is to create a port using the Lines/Circle command. radius of the circle is choosen from the base of the feed center and is called the Port, which is a 50 Q lumped gap port.
3-From the model description it is seen that the Feed overlaps witii the Port. Hence it becomes necessary to create a hole in the Port to accommodate tiie Feed. Thus, using the Solids/Subtract, the inner conductor is subtracted from the outer onductor. In the subtraction process, a copy of tiie Feed is made using the Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste commands.The copy Feedl is then subtracted from the Port.

so gone trough these guide lines and modifies your strucutre then you will get correct result...

Re: [Problem] DRA

ravi8331 said:
hello dear..
i have HFSS 10 and i m unable to correct your structure but i will tell you the problem in your structure and then you try and remove this.

first your structure is totally wrong and radaition boundary is also wrong.

so
1-The inner conductor of the coaxial cable called the Feed ,It is drawn using Solids/Cylinder command. The origin of the cylinder corresponds to the feed point location for the DRA.
2-The next step is to create a port using the Lines/Circle command. radius of the circle is choosen from the base of the feed center and is called the Port, which is a 50 Q lumped gap port.
3-From the model description it is seen that the Feed overlaps witii the Port. Hence it becomes necessary to create a hole in the Port to accommodate tiie Feed. Thus, using the Solids/Subtract, the inner conductor is subtracted from the outer onductor. In the subtraction process, a copy of tiie Feed is made using the Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste commands.The copy Feedl is then subtracted from the Port.

so gone trough these guide lines and modifies your strucutre then you will get correct result...

RAVI u r doing some work on rectangular DRA---------------i got results--------------but now a days there may be some thing miss work for which i am not getting results-------------can u upload some model of rectangular DRA which work fine--i want to verify them

then i will desin my own DRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back