Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

printed VHF antennas other than helix

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORDALEX

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am looking for an antenna that works in VHF band (160 MHz). Indeed, i dismissed the helix solution because the size and i am looking for a printed solution? Is there someone who can advise me a solution?

You can see printed Yagi antennas for UHF up to 2.45 GHz, but for 160 MHz, you would need a high-k dielectric as substrate. Use a simple Yagi to get a good result, printing makes no sense at such low frequency.

thank you Sir for your reply, but the problem is that antenna should be omni and the Yagi antenna is directionnal. Secondly, the antenna should be realized on PCB so it is not possible to use High K substrate. Do you think sir that is it possible to load for example a Meander monopole so it will radiate at 160 MHz?
Best regards.

You can try such solution but the result will be in my opinion a quite poor radiator. A short piece if wire may be equal to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back