Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PPS for ESUART2 on PIC18F45K40 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrustratedEngineer

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I am trying to connect UART2 engine to RD6 (Tx) and RD7 (Rx). For this I used PPS feature over RD6 and RD7.

When I check in debug mode, I get the Tx Interrupt and I can see that TX2REG is filled with the correct data everytime.

However, I don't see the data coming out of the RD6 pin, when I tapped the pin on Oscilloscope.
My immediate doubt is on PPS initialisation. I tried whatever I could but could not get data on Pin.

Please let me know where I am getting wrong.

PPS enabling... I tried both combinations (OFF and ON )
Code:
#pragma config PPS1WAY = OFF

Initialisation of PPS on RD6 and RD7
Code:
    ANSELDbits.ANSELD6 = 0;
    ANSELDbits.ANSELD7 = 0;
    TRISDbits.TRISD6 = 0;
    TRISDbits.TRISD7 = 1;
    PPSLOCK = 0x55;
    PPSLOCK = 0xAA;
    PPSLOCKbits.PPSLOCKED = 0x00; // unlock PPS
    RD6PPS = 0x0B;   //RD6->EUSART2:TX2;
    RD7PPS = 0x0B;   //RD7->EUSART2:RX2
    RX2PPSbits.RXPPS = 0x1F;   //RD7->EUSART2:RX2;
    PPSLOCK = 0x55;
    PPSLOCK = 0xAA;
    PPSLOCKbits.PPSLOCKED = 0x01; // lock PPS

Not directly answering your question, the default state for the PPSLOCKED bit is 'off'(0) so I strongly suggest that you don't try to play with the unlock/lock settings until you have everything working.
When you do, the unlock sequence MUST be executed bu the MCU as consecutive instructions. Unfortunately this is not guaranteed by any C compiler and you really need to use the in-line assembler capability - or better yet any built-in capability that your compiler might provide for you (some provide macros that do these special sequences for you).
Are you using a 28-pin or a 40-pin device? Your setting for the RD6PPS implies that it must be a 40-pin device.
Also the 2nd line (RD7PPS = 0x0b) might be confusing things a bit.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.