Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power amplifier PAE at compression

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to suggest to check not only the plot but also the raw matrix data. To check each response value and their stimulus index, you maybe could find more.
And just guess, if the ADS do the correct, the fold back on the power or PAE sweep maybe the indication of some un-stability at large signal drive. I mean the circuit stability.

I'd like to suggest to check not only the plot but also the raw matrix data. To check each response value and their stimulus index, you maybe could find more.
And just guess, if the ADS do the correct, the fold back on the power or PAE sweep maybe the indication of some un-stability at large signal drive. I mean the circuit stability.

Thanks for your contribution, this is what I though but I measured this PA and did not see any stability issue... It works pretty well and I need to improve the input matching at low frequency.

View attachment 82309View attachment 82310

I measured S parameters of the built PA and got the S11 I attached. I tried to tune the input matching network in order to improve the matching at low frequency 9between DC and 200 MHz). I could not find any better solution that what I post here. Does anyone have an idea according to the related circuit topology I show here?

Any idea ?

obviously you don't get the essential of the broadband transmission line transformer balun. The transformer parameter used in your schematic looks not follow the theory.
I'd suggest you look for the book written by Servic and read the ADS component help to fine tune your input match.
I keep away from such type design for so long time that can't provide better suggestion.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back