Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

potyo2 icd2 clone components

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajbabu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends.
I am trying to make ICD2 clone potyo2. But i have some confusion regarding components.

1. R41 resistance value is 0.47, It means it is short or it is miss written
2. 170uF inductor, it is not available in market, can i use close value tot this.

Thanks in Advance
Rajbabu

0.47 ohm resistors are on the market. They are mainly used as shunts for measuring current.

170 uF inductor is an onvious mistake. Inductance is expressed in Henries not in Farads (or fractions thereof). 170 uH is a pretty reasonable value.

poorchava

Re: potyo2 icd2 clone components

Hi,

Have to ask why you are trying to build the more complex ICD2 when the Pickit2 clones are so much easier and will do almost the same thing.
The Pickit2 clone is detailed many times in this forum and works well.
Apart from a 680uh choke everything else is easy to source.

Hi,

Have to ask why you are trying to build the more complex ICD2 when the Pickit2 clones are so much easier and will do almost the same thing.
The Pickit2 clone is detailed many times in this forum and works well.
Apart from a 680uh choke everything else is easy to source.

Thanks for suggestion,
Till now i was using JDM programmer which uses COM port, but now using laptop which does not have COM port so i switched to this, one more reason is that now i want use debuging tool also.

Exactly i dont know difference between PIKKIT2 and ICD2. Can you give detailes or link where i can find it.

Thanks once again.
Rajbabu

---------- Post added at 05:19 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

Sorry, Its 170uH not uF. Well thanks i will search market once again.

Thanks
Rajbabu

Hi,

Very little difference for the average user - the Pk2 debugger works well, plus the Pk2 has the extra tools like USART simulator, Logic Analyzer etc.
After using a JDM you will be more than pleased with a USB PK2.

For exact details just search on ' Pickit2 v ICD2 '

I think as of now the pickit 2 has bigger supported device list than ICD2. Despite being fan of building DIY programmers/debuggers the Microchip one i prefer to buy. It is very cheap and any clone you can build probably would cost the same order of money anyway. Another programmer which is not worth od building DIY way is the TI FET for MSP430 (which u can buy for $4.30).

Thanks for reply,

I searched a lot but still not able to find the exact difference between PICkit2 and ICD2.

Please provide me ckt and firmare for PICkit2 so i can i try it also.

Thanks

Rajbabu

Hi,

The Pickit2 user manual including the circuit diagram, and the firmware are all downloadable for free from Microchips site.

The Pickit2 'Clones' are cut down versions of the original but will do the key programming and debugging features of the original.
Just search this forum for the many posts and examples, some with full pcb designs.

However at the current price, you might find buying a genuine Microchip PK2 the best option; anyone serious about programming /debugging pic chips needs one quality proven programmer. One of my best ever buys - though I built a clone just for backup.
Just cost out the actual price of buying the components separately , including postage, and you soon see there is little difference.

0.47 ohm resistors are on the market. They are mainly used as shunts for measuring current.

170 uF inductor is an onvious mistake. Inductance is expressed in Henries not in Farads (or fractions thereof). 170 uH is a pretty reasonable value.

One more thing i want to know what for X5 connector is:?:

Rajbabu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back